Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Please see below for some commonly asked questions. If you don't see an answer to your question please use the contact form on the "Contact Us" page to drop us a message or alternatively email us at NACenquiries@outlook.com
What are the Training Times?
Monday Throws, Jumps, Endurance, Multi-Events (Development) 6.15pm-7.45pm Moulton Track
Monday Hurdles (from 1st April) 6.15pm-7.45pm Moulton Track
Tuesday Sprints, Hurdles 6.30pm-8.15pm Various Venues
Tuesday Endurance 7.00pm-8.15pm Various Venues
Wednesday Throws 6.15pm-7.45pm Moulton Track
Thursday Sprints, Hurdles, Jumps 6.30pm-8.15pm Various Venues
Thursday Endurance 7.00pm-8.15pm - Various Venues
Sunday Jumps 10.00am-12.00 noon Various Venues
Sunday Indoor Throws 10.00am-12.00 noon Moulton College
Sunday Winter Outdoor Throws 12.00 noon-1.30pm Moulton Track
Is Northampton Athletic Club an affiliated Club?
The Club has been granted affiliation by England Athletics; the affiliation process was completed in record
time due to the high quality of the application. To achieve affiliation, we have in place a committee, a written constitution and key volunteers appointed to cover coaching, officiating, welfare matters and governance.
Why Do we Need Northampton AC?
Northampton is one of the largest towns in the UK with a population of over 220,000 people. Until the formation of Northampton AC, Northampton did not have its own Athletics Club.
To enable athletics to thrive and grow in the future it needs the support and financial backing of local businesses and benefactors. To achieve this, a club needs to be clearly identified as a Northamptonshire Club.
What Coaching and Facilities are available?
We have commitment from Moulton College to use the track and field facilities on Monday and Wednesday
evenings and our session times are 6.15pm – 7.45pm. We also utilise other local facilities throughout the week to suit specific groups and athlete requirements.
We are particularly keen to provide indoor facilities during the winter months and have secured several locations to allow training to continue regardless of weather conditions.
We have fully qualified and DBS checked coaches and coaching assistants who we will be providing sessions
for sprints, middle distance, hurdles, throws and jumps. We also have a strong group of technical officials
to fulfil our obligations at matches and volunteers to support other activities.
For further information regarding training times and facilities please use the contact us form or email us at NACenquiries@outlook.com
What Leagues is Northampton Athletic Club compete in?
We have entered the UK Youth Development League (YDL) at both age groups (lower – U15/U13 and upper
– U20/U17) in 2019. We will be competing in Division 1 of both leagues and our objective will be to gain
promotion to the Midland Premier Division for 2020. The YDL will afford us the opportunity to give experience to many of our athletes and 2019 will provide an opportunity to find our feet.
We will be assessing options to enter Cross Country Leagues for the 2019/20 season and any decisions will
be communicated as soon as they are agreed. We will also be in a position to enter other Track and Field
Leagues for 2020.
How can I join Northampton Athletic Club?
Membership forms are available from the membership secretary who can be contacted at NACmembership@outlook.com. They are also available to download by visiting the contact us page of this website or our Facebook page. The annual subscription fees are shown on the membership form.
The Club officially began operating on 1 st January 2019 and our membership year will run from April to
March. Anyone joining before 1 st April 2019 will only pay the relevant membership fee for the year 1st April
2019 - 31st March 2020, we will not be asking members to pay a pro-rated payment for the period prior to
1 st April 2019.
There is an online process for registered athletes moving between affiliated clubs. Any existing club members wishing to transfer to Northampton Athletic Club will need to complete the online process on the England Athletics Website.
There is a one-off £10 transfer fee paid to England Athletics to transfer to a new club (for U17 and Above only); all existing club members who transfer to Northampton Athletic Club will have their first years’ subscription fee reduced by £10.
How can I Change Clubs and Join NAC?
There is an online process for registered athletes moving their first claim membership between England
Athletics affiliated clubs. To complete the online process, please follow the steps outlined below:
1. Log in to your athlete portal www.englandathletics.org/myprofile using your own URN (England
Athletics Number) and password. If you have forgotten your password, you can use the request function found under the password box (Please check your spam folder for this email, if not received within 1 hour).
2. Once logged in to the athlete portal, click on the “Club Transfer” tab found on the left-hand side of the screen. This will bring up the “First claim club transfer” screen. This will show any existing or previous club transfers.
3. To start the change of club application, click on the “start new transfer” button.
4. Enter the name of the new club you are transferring to in the relevant space and enter any comments you wish to send to your club you are wishing to leave. Once both boxes are completed, click the box in the bottom left-hand corner once you have read and agreed with the terms and conditions for the transfer. If exempt from payment (U15’s & those returning after 3 years) you will be taken to the transfer complete screen.
5. Billing Information. Please complete the marked boxes for the address your payment card is registered to and then click the “review and pay” button.
6. Review your details are correct on the next screen and check the confirmation box in the bottom left-hand of the screen and then click on the “go to payment” button to proceed to the next screen.
7. Select your payment method and enter the request card details. Once entered click on the “Pay £10.00 now” button and complete your change of club transfer.
8. A club transfer complete screen will appear giving details of the next stage of the process and contact details for England Athletics. You will be kept informed on the progress of your application by email.
9. Your transfer request will be sent to club officials at your former club. The club has 28 days to respond to this request.
10. If this is your first club transfer application in 12 months, once approved by your former club, your transfer will be completed the next day.
11. If this is your second club transfer within 12 months, your application will go to the Eligibility Committee on the 11th of the month and will be cleared on the 1st of the next month (subject to competition ban).